One of my passions is menu planning! It was almost the best part of my job running a corporate dining room! I have accordion files full of recipe clippings that I haul out for inspiration and have been known to spend hours looking through them.
Lately, and it seems to happen at this time of year, every year, I start craving Mexican food. The picadillo would be great for Superbowl Sunday!
- Picadillo – serve with guacamole and corn tortillas, yummy!
- Red, Green And White Lasagne – a really tasty vegetarian lasagne.
- Cobb Salad – one of my all time favourite salads, makes a great lunch or dinner.
- Anne’s Scrambled Eggs With Sausage Kebabs – Sunday morning breakfast/brunch. The eggs are perfect for entertaining!
- Rosemary Biscuits – Because how can you go wrong with warm biscuits?
- Pureed Vegetable Soup – Something to accompany those biscuits!
- Pork Goulash – Hungarian comfort food! Might be a great choice for Superbowl instead of chili!
- Chicken Thighs in Red Wine Sauce – serve as a second course to a “primi” of:
- Leek and Pancetta Tagliatelle – would go very well with either chicken or lamb chops!
Have a great weekend everyone! Salute!